1. Mobile Suit Gundam (1979)
2. Dragon Ball (1986)
3. Tonari no Totoro (1988)
4. Space Battleship Yamato (1974)
5. Laputa (1986)
6. Doraemon (1979)
7. Lupin III Series 2 (1977)
8. Sazae-san (1969)
9. Galaxy Express 999 (1978)
10. City Hunter (1987)
11. Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995)
12. One Piece (1999)
13. Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (1979)
14. Slam Dunk (1993)
15. Alps no Shoujo Heidi (1974)
16. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
17. Manga Nihon Mukashibanashi (1975)
18. Touch (1985)
19. Fist of the North Star (1984)
20. Kiki’s Delivery Service (1989)
21. Yu Yu Hakusho (1992)
22. Case Closed (1996)
23. Mahoutsukai Sally (1966)
24. Candy Candy (1976)
25. Ghost in the Shell (1995)
26. Cowboy Bebop (1998)
27. Mirai Shounen Conan (1978)
28. Chibiko Maruko-chan (1990)
29. Rose of Versailles (1979)
30. Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon (1992)
31. Kyojin no Hanashi (1968)
32. Cyborg 009 (1968)
33. Ashita no Joe (1970)
34. Yattaman (1977)
35. Dr. Slump (1981)
36. Urusei Yatsura (1981)
37. Haikara-san ga Tooru (1978)
38. Cat’s Eye (1983)
39. Astro Boy (1963)
40. Flanders no Inu (1975)
41. Crayon Shin-chan (1992)
42. Gegege ni Kitarou (1968)
43. Youkai Ningen Bemu (1968)
44. Rurouni Kenshin (1996)
45. Tiger Mask (1969)
46. Hakushon Daimaou (1969)
47. Maison Ikkoku (1986)
48. Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (1988)
49. Obake no Qtarou (1965)
50. Initial D (1998)
Sounds like a lot of old people voted for it remembering what they watched when they were kids.
Exact same thing happens in the west when someone does a survey of books, TV shows or films.
>11. Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995)
>Gundam/Dragon Ball/Yamato/Lupin/Leiji/City Hunter on top 10
>Eva not on top 10
>LOGH can be spotted on a JAPANESE list
Pretty good list actually, my only complaint are that Rose of Versailles, Ashita no Joe and another classics should be more at the top.
>Your Ignorance should be abolished
You're a fucking idiot The (1979) Gundam is the pinnacle of the Goddamn series. Literally every Gundam series after the main arch that is 1979, Zeta, Chars Counter etc. copies an rehashes ideas from the original story. All those characters an plot points/drama that you like in your newer Gundam series guess what those ideas are not originals they are just clones traits carried from the original!So you can go and fuck your self! You probably don't even like them for the reason that you think you do, because all those good times & features you had have been done better IN THE ORIGINAL 1979 MOBLIE SUIT GUNDAM / UC Timeline.
All other Gundam series derives from the 1979 Gundam story line. You probably don't know shit about the Universal Century YOUR TASTES ARE SHIT! How can you even call yourself a Gundam Fan? You need to fuck off an die right now faggot. Personally I can think of handful of Gundam series I'm personally found of over the 1979 an I can list some pros & cons why But I bet you can't because you didn't experience the story for your self! My favorite is
>Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
What is yours Care to share an express your feelings toward something you like with the class faggot?
Lets all laugh at the Zeeks
>Is it just the big robots
No it's not Gundam actually has a decent fucking storyline.
Tell me your favorite anime and what you like about it an I'll recommend you a Gundam series that fits your tastes.
>if your up for the challenge of trying new things
or are the waters to deep for you?
The MC acts more retarded than a modern harem protagonist and is Goku/Superman-level OP to boot. Only redeeming feature was the design on the girls.
Yes lets fuck over people with actual PSTD
>36. Urusei Yatsura (1981)
Hell yeah. 36 is one of my favorite numbers too.
Okay What do you think is the best, your entitled to your opinion.
>47. Maison Ikkoku (1986)
Still amazed that Rumiko did good stuffs back then.
Dear people of Japan,
Choke on an entire armada of flying dicks.
>14. Slam Dunk (1993)
Can't believe Japs are ok with this awful adaptation. Just tried to watch some of my favorite moments animated and it's way too slow.
Still laughing that main girl dies not long after CH ending according Angel Heart.
>Mistaking the RX-78-2 for anything else.
Why haven't you seen the Original Gundam anon?
YOUTAKE THAT SHIT bA-
. . .
The unknown named pilot's
Long Live Char, Sieg Zeon!
Why do you have a low attention span an can't pay follow the storyline or is there another artificial reason of yours? I'll have you know Not all mecha series are the same.
Probably fans of the manga voting for it for the manga.
It hardly matters, we have much better basketball series now.
They at least liked Lina enough to put her in the top 15 female characters. Of just the 90s.
Top 30 1990's Female Characters:
1. Rei Ayanami (Evangelion)
2. Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
3. Asuka Langley Soryu (Evangelion)
4. Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
5. Ruri Hoshino (Martian Sucessor Nadesico)
6. Nadia (Nadia: Secret of Blue Water)
7. Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon)
8. Mylerle Jenius (Macross)
9. Belldandy (Oh My Goddness!)
10. Deedlit (Record of Lodoss War)
11. Chacha (Akazukin Chacha)
12. Yawara Inokuma (Akazukin Chacha)
13. Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy Vll) Tiffa Adill (Gundam)
14. Lina Inverse (Slayers)
15. Cecily Fairchild (Gundam)
16. Minako Aino/Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon)
17. Katejina Loos (Gundam)
18. Allenby Beardsley (Gundam)
19. Rei Hino/Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)
20. Reiko Mikami (Ghost Sweeper Mikami)
21. Relena Peacecraft (Gundam)
22. Hikaru Shido (Magic Knight Rayearth)
23. Kukuri (Mahoujin Guru Guru)
24. Yurika Misumaru (Martian Successor Nadesico)
25. Ran Mouri/Rachel Moore (Detective Conan)
26. Tiara (Dragon Quest)
27. Momoko Sakura (Momoko-Chan)
28. Pai (3x3 Eyes)
29. Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter (Sailor Moon)
>All those characters an plot points/drama that you like in your newer Gundam series guess what those ideas are not originals they are just clones traits carried from the original!
Except 00 straight bucked it for its first season.
Who else would be #1? Shinji? Hahahah.
Top 30 1990's Male Characters:
1. Shinji Ikari (Evangelion)
2. Kaworu Nagisa (Evangelion)
3. Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
4. Sakuragi Hanamichi (Slam Dunk)
5. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
6. Heero Yuy (Gundam)
7. Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
8. Kenshin Himura (Rouroni Kenshin)
9. Conan Edgar (Detective Conan)
10. Besara Nekki (Macross)
11. Kaede Rukawa (Slam Dunk)
12. Porco Rosso (Porco Rosso)
13. Tamahame (Fushigi Yuugi)
14. Nike (Mahoujin Guru Guru)
15. Syaoran Li (Cardcaptor Sakura)
16. Yusuke Urameshi Yu Yu Hakusho)
17. Kosshu Domon (Gundam)
18. Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
19. Todao Yokoshima (GS Mikami)
20. Gai Shishio (GaoGaiGar)
21. Duo Maxwell (Gundam)
22. Shiro Amada (Gundam)
23. Parn (Record of Lodoss War)
24. Xellos (Slayers)
25. Malto Senpuuji (Yusha Tokkyu Might Gaine)
26. Jean Rogue Raltique (Nadia: Secret of Blue Water)
27. Loran Cenack (Gundam)
28. Seabook Arno (Gundam)
29. Arslan (Gundam)
30. Soichiro Arima (Kare Kano)
Same here, I think should be a little higher .City hunter is also in the list so I feel fine
>likes great animation
>doesn't like gundam
Theres a reason its called "Sunrise Smooth" ya dummy
Japan can't into strong women
She's not much of a character in the movie. It wasn't until SAC that she got good characterization in anime form.
Top 30 2000's Female Characters:
1. Cagalli Yula Athha (Gundam)
2. Lacus Clyne (Gundam)
3. Sheryl Nome (Macross)
4. Yuki Nagato (Haruhi)
5. Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi)
6. C.C. (Code Geass)
7. Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
8. Shinku (Rozen Maiden)
9. Hitagi Senjyogahara (Bakemonogatan)
10. Saber (Saber Marionette)
11. Teletha Testarossa (Full Metal Panic!)
12. Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)
13. Riza Hawkeye (Full Metal Alchemist)
14. Mikoto Misaka (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
15. Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate the Combat Butler!)
16. Shiki Ryogi (Kara no Kyoukai)
17. Kallen Stadtfeld (Code Geass)
18. Nanoha Takamachi (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha)
19. Yui Hirasawa (K-ON!)
20. Kagome Higarashi (InuYasha)
21. Kagura (Gintama)
22. Lunamaria Hawke (Gundam)
23. Ranka Lee (Macross)
24. Mari Illustrious Makinami (Evangelion)
25. Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran High School Host Club)
26. Makoto Konno (Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo)
27. Fate Testarossa (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha)
28. Natsumi Hinata (Keroro Gunsou)
29. Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
30. Nagisa Furukawa (Clannad)
May as well post the males characters for 2000-2009, too. Not that it's anything good.
1. Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
2. Kira Yamato (Gundam)
3. Athrun Zala (Gundam)
4. Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)
5. Kyon (Haruhi)
6. Ryomo Echizen (Prince of Tennis)
7. Yuri Shibuya (Kyou Kara Mach)
8. Gintoki Sakata (Sin Tama)
9. Sousuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic!)
10. Hei (Darker than BLACK)
11. Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)
12. Haji (Blood +)
13. Ken Sugisaki (Seitokai no Ichizen)
14. Sanzo Genjyo (Saiyuki)
15. Tieria Erde (Gundam)
16. Shinichi Chiaki (Nodame Cantabile)
17. Shinn Asuka (Gundam)
18. Koyomi Araragi (Bakemonogatari)
19. Kazuma (Scryed)
20. Setsuna F. Seiei (Gundam)
21. Masamune Date (Sengoku BASARA)
22. Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
23. Syaoran (Tsubasa Chronicle)
24. Itsuki Koizumi (Haruhi)
25. Keroro (Keroro Gunsou)
26. Ichiro Ogami (Sakura Taisen)
27. Coud Van Giruet (Elemental Gelade)
28. Lockon Stratos (Gundam)
29. Takashi Natsume (Natsume Yuuji)
30. Gennosuke Koga (Basllisk)
Found it for men. Japan had good taste in the 80s. Why did things go so wrong once 2000 rolled around?
Top 30 1980's Male Characters:
1. Arsene Lupin the lll (Lupin the lll)
2. Char Aznable (Gundam)
3. Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1/2)
4. Amuro Ray (Gundam)
5. Son Goku (Dragon Ball)
6. Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
7. Tatsuya Uesugi (Touch)
8. Kamille Bidan (Gundam)
9. Pazu (Laputa: Castle in the Sky)
10. Ataru Moroboshi (Urusei Yatsura)
11. Wataru Ikusabe (Wataru)
12. Conan (Future Boy Conan)
13. Werlli Yana (Galactic Heroes)
14. Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
15. Yusaka Godai (Maison Ikkoku)
16. Roddy Shuffle (Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam)
17. Ryo Sanada (Ronin Warriors)
18. Cuvie Chirica (Armored Trooper Votoms)
19. Adalbert von Fahrenheit (Galactic Heroes)
20. Seiya (Saint Seiya)
21. Tsubara Ozora (Captain Tsubara)
22. Hassaway Noa (Gundam)
23. Tetsuro Hoshino (Galaxy Express 999)
24. Bernard Wiseman (Gundam)
25. Asuma Shinohara (Paltabor)
26. Stohl Rom (Machine Robo)
27. Rei Ichido (High School Kimengumi)
28. Rabi (Madou King Granzort)
29. Ladios Sopp (Five Star Stories)
30. JJ (Zillion)
Top 30 1980's Female Characters:
1. Nausicaa (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind)
2. Lum (Urusei Yatsura)
3. Lynn Minmay (Macross)
4. Kyoko Otonashi (Maison Ikkoku)
5. Sheeta (Laputa: Castle in the Sky)
6. Clarisse (Lupin the lll: Castle of Caglilistro)
7. Akane Tendo (Ranma 1/2)
8. Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)
9. Sayla Mass (Gundam)
10. Haman Karn (Gundam)
11. Elpeo Ple (Gundam)
12. Maetel (Galaxy Express 999)
13. Misa Hayase (Macross)
14. Momo (Manou no Princess)
15. Modaka Ayukawa (Kimagure Orange Road)
16. Minami Asakura (Touch)
17. Doronjo (Yattaman)
18. Four Murasame (Gundam)
19. Ple Two (Gundam)
20. Honey Kisaragi (Cutey Honey)
21. Noa Izumi (Patlabor)
22. Noriko Takaya (Top wo Nerae!)
23. Himiko Shinobibe (Wataru)
24. Lana (Future Boy Conan)
25. Christina Mackenzie (Gundam)
26. Lalah Sune (Gundam)
27. Fraw Bow (Gundam)
28. Fa Yuiry (Gundam)
29. Piason Katue (Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam)
30. Mami Sakura (Espar Sakura)
>No Gutsy Frog
Kind of disappointed.
>6. Nadia (Nadia: Secret of Blue Water)
But nadia was a complete shit. Hot body but her personality was fucking garbage most of the time.
>20. Reiko Mikami (Ghost Sweeper Mikami)
Again a chick with a hot body but the personality of a turd.
Japan sure loves their bitches.
>24. Xellos (Slayers)
Shinji 'masturbation master' Ikari beat this motherfucker? There really is no god.
>Implying this list doesn' actually start with Eva at 11
Check the top 10, it's the list of commonly accepted mainstream anime. Of course Eva is popular, but DB, Gundam, Sazae-san, Yamato, Ghibli and Doraemon are on another level in popularity domestically and internationally, and thus, were voted more,
>The (1979) Gundam is the pinnacle of the Goddamn series
>My favorite is Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
The fuck am I even reading
It became easier to cheaply animate shows and also what sold well was different than what people liked.
People falsely blame otaku and and waifufags however that really only like half right or maybe even less. When something has a cute girl or a character you really like you're more inclined to buy it. For example even using older popular examples of Ghibli films I'd be more inclined to buy a Nausicaa dvd over a Laputa one due to the fact I've always had a bit of a crush on Nausicaa.
Sorry about that I had to Go wash close at the local was Washateria
If you like over the top action, You must be an adrenalin junkie then the best fit for you would have to be
>Mobile Fighter G Gundam
G Gundam AMV: Man in Combat ~ Train to Win! ~
>that's how he lives, in constant fear of the white devil
this is way funnier than it should be
V Gundamn is good too if your into sadness I here but I personally never really personally got to finishing the entire series yet.
You like tragedies so do I recommend
>Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory
The main character Kou Uraki gets fucked over so many times an even mostly everyone close to also gets screwed with an ending twist that just kinda makes you wonder...
The tone of that Op music that somber tone those Lyrics that DAMN 80 TEMPO!
Lyrics to The first opening
Hey you fucker, I have some finer points of interests to discuss about Gundamn. So are you just gana keep sitting there with that stupid look on your face or are we gana dance?!
K-ON saved the anime industry in 2000s with Moe revolution.
>Not even recognized in best 50 anime.
>City Hunter, a fan-service anime, recognized as one of best anime.
> Crayon Shin-chan, Autism. worse than Azumanga Daioh
>No Witch Hunter Robin
Basically this list from an anime shonen magazine, right?
Goddamn does this list make me miss the 20th century. Not a single Light Novel or Visual Novel title in the list cause mercifully they didn't exist back then to clutter the landscape. Wonder what kind of hilarity would populate the 21st century list.
Your a fucking idiot an you don't know shit or appreciate story writing setting the tone for actual plot to set up character development.
>I got ah bone to pick with you m8
Probably Newtype before Aniplex bought the bulk of their popularity lists and page space for advertising shit. Honestly I just can't get over how much better and more interesting anime was before they pretty much took over. It doesn't even feel like anything even really belongs to the fans anymore, it's all about Aniplex and the reality and popularity they dictate. I can't remember exactly when I realized it myself, but even more so I can't realize I didn't put two and two together on what was happening before now.
Mark my words that will be the legacy of the 2010's when it comes to anime is Aniplex's bullshit.
Holy fucking shit, how? Just how?
Especially Lacus, dear god.