Who /snacking/ hier?
So Im trying to create an incredibly healthy thing to bring to work with me. I've been using the food pyramid as a guideline, but have a shitton of questions and fear that the pyramid might not be the end all be all. Mostly I've been eating dark greens (spinach, kale, mustard greens, turnip greens are now every day foods), corn, quinoa, tomato, jalapeno, peas, beans, and brown rice. Is this healthy or not?
1) Fruits vs Veggies. Does it really matter? I dislike sweet stuff, so I've been essentially using bell peppers and a shitton of jalapenos. Does this totally matter if I eat a shitton of vegetables a days with a multivitamin? Or should i throw a banana in there too?
2) Do I really need that much fucking dairy in my diet? I love me some cheese, but i understand that it's probably not fantastic for me and hold off on it. Is me not eating cheese really that unhealthy?
3) holy fuck do i need that many grains? I eat 1/4 cup (uncooked) brown rice and the same in quinoa every day. do i need to up that or can i just eat more veggies.
4) Peas, Beans, and Meat. Are they all the same food group? Does it particularly matter that i eat peas, beans, and some chicken/albacore with every meal or no?
5) fish vs chicken. Everything i read says to keep fish eating to a minimum due to mercury concerns. is this only true for stuff like tuna or should i really only keep my serving of albacore a day split into a weeks serving?
6) is it worth adding a serving of tempeh/tofu to my food every day? Would it be a serving of meat or vegetables?
sorry for all the weird questions, but all the places i look it up have vague/contradicting answers.
tldr: healithiest foods you can eat every day? Are vegies = fruits nutrient wise? Can beans/peas = meat?
For the record my current take to work food is:
90g Brown Rice
110g Bell Peppers
100g Turnip Greens
80g Brussel Sprouts
100g Mustard Greens
>There are people who live in places where they can't get good pizza
I feel bad for southerners
I'll just leave this here
What is the best prepackaged food? (rhetorical question, I'm here to tell you)
Is there a food that could even possibly EVEN COMPARE to Madras Lentils™? Let alone surpass them. And I'm not talking about All-Natural Madras Lentils™. I'm not talking about 1step-1Minute Madras Lentils™ either. Hell, I'm not even talking about All-Natural Tasty Bite 1step-1Minute Madras Lentils™ with the Lentils, Red Beans, and Spices (in a Creamy Tomato Sauce), equipped with a Microwavable Pouch, with Flavors from Goodness implanted in them so they are Gluten...
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
Their chana masala is even better, and only $1.75 a bag where I live. On a lazy night I just start some Basmati rice in the rice cooker, walk to the corner, buy a bag of that shit and a couple beers and 20 min later I have dinner and lunch for the next day if the wife is out of town and I don't feel like spending any money.
What do you put in your carbonara, /ck/?
I'm just oilin' my board
/ck/ folder dumps
>taking the labels off the can/jar/bottle to put on the spray bottle
Any butchers awake?
I got me 2 trays of kangaroo steak, they hold about 3 steaks each. 2 days ago I opened one and had a steak, then put the rest in a container.
Today I opened it up and it's brown compared to the one that hadnt been taken out of the packet... smell is slightly different but the brown steak isn't disgusting you know? Is this natural? I feel I might remember somewhere that they put a gas in the meat packaging to retain an appetising red colour but I could be wrong.
Pic related are the steaks side by side.
Does /ck/ like goat roti?
How about Caribbean food in general
When no one is around, do you eat with your mouth open?
ITT admit your food or cooking related sins
When I worked at a pizzaria, I used to spam prank call all the other places and harrass them during rush hour on my days off
I would also take dumps in front of their stores during the AM
I also once placed a pube in a pizza I was making
>used to spam prank call all the other places and harrass them during rush hour on my days off
>on my days off
I like to make cheese pizza when friends are over and i can put 2 side by side in my oven and then repeat. But im annoyed with the waiting times now. About 10 mins between pizza. Not fun. Will try 4 in one go tonight but i don't want to fuck up all 4.
Have you done this before? Stack your pizza vertically in the oven?
What should i adjust? Small or large vertical gap? I already run it on max temperature, should i lower? I currently place it in vertical centre, should this change?
I will post my results of tonight too. add to the knowledge base.
CLQ are really cheap by me.(39- 59 cents a lb) so they've become all i eat. Love em. But ive found that i can pan fry them in their own fat and now i dont need to buy oil. Only problem. Is they stick to the pan unless i let them almost burn. Can't find a recipe online. Anybody else do this? Everybody else do this?. Tldr... CLQ fried in its own grease techniques