Should I do it?
Guys, I hear a lot about "u shouldn't use molex to pcie" or "its fine".
It seems to come down to 12v rails. I'm not a electrical guys, so could someone give a guideline on when its OK to use adaptor? What should the PSU say in terms of rails, I don't get it.
ITT: yfw overclocking
>tfw my overclocking days were over after the nforce 2 chipset came out
>tfw soldered potentiometers onto my abit mobo to get moar vram
nowadays i just want a pc that runs smoothly
my dad has a commercial office where he has NBN. should I put my PC gaming rig in his office and remote connect to it so I can get good pings for gaming? At home all I have is adsl2.
I'd stream its screen to home via VLC or something.
unless you connect a cable directly, your data will have to go to the isp then to dads office then back to isp then to game server, which is slower than your data directly going to the isp then going to the game server
Best earphones for 20 bucks?
>oh hey bro you mind if we sit... OOHHHHHhhhh FUCK DUDE! Is that a fucking T460?! No way, brah! That's fucking scandatious bombatious, my man. I just got 32 gig RAM in my little beast, absolutely no stalls working on any projects, brah. BRO! what GNU slash Linux distro do I see there? Hang on let me look, bro. Oh okay, bro, okay bro, ubuntu is pretty gnarly but, ya know, I'm more of a freeBSD kind of guy. Anyway, dude, my squad and I need to fly so catch ya on the flip sigh, bro.
In the grand scheme of things,
are video games more important than freedom?
What kind of fucking retarded question is this?
> one that will get 250+ replies
>4K screen on a phone
I don't understand
Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.
*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread. ***
Before asking for help, please check our list of resources[*].
If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live...
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>I don't use GUIs
Quick question In reguards to going from python to c++ I found the change really easy am I doing something wrong? I hear a lot of people on here talking about how hard c++ is but I didn't find it hard at all.
what are the odds of getting a good paying job in programming without knowing c++?
i can code in java and c#. i can also code in c/c++ but it is too frustrating
forgot to mention i will be finishing my math degree pretty soon, taking as much CS courses as possible.
Everything about the Ruby language and ecosystem
can't let those python fags have their own thread while we have nothing
Does AMD make any decent processors or is this benchmark list artificially skewed?
Is there any reason to get a 144hz screen if you're not expecting to be pushing framerates that high when gaming?
I'm looking at 1440p monitors and there's a few decent ones in my price range which are 144hz, but I have a 1070, so pushing high framerates at 1440p doesn't seem totally reasonable
My friend fucked up his old (2010 era) PC so he gave it to me saying I could have it if I fixed it (lol all it needed was a new PSU)
So then I made it a project to do it up (within the limits of the motherboard) with a tight budget. How did I do?
I'm currently running LFS but I would now like to switch to a distro as compiling everything from source manually can be a headache. what distro does /g/ recommend?
Lol wut, so an Iphone 7 plus takes 2 hours longer to charge than a galaxy S7, while the battery is smaller.
I thought Apple only used cutting edge technology
>inb4 le exploding battery joke
That's the Note 7
how does /g/ deal with their porn?
do you store everything you ever watch? or just everything you like?
do you just stream it?
I just go to nudevista and look up a porn star or type of porn depending on my mood. After I'm done, I just close the incognito browser tab. If it's a porn star I particularly like, I add it to my compiled list of porn stars I enjoy. I have about 300 entries now.
In /csg/ we discuss the no/low-name cheap shit you see on Gearbest, AliExpress, eBay and similar sites.
>IRC channel #/csg/ on rizon
>Chink Shit Randomiser
>Chink Shit Wiki:
• Starting 1-11-2016 (that's 11-1-2016 for Americlap anons) Regular OP will be going on holiday for three weeks as such he will not be able to make threads or work on the infographic. He will be leaving the thread in hands of very competent anons that have made threads in his absence.
• cheapo mech keyboard wars continue with the $30 LINGBAO JIGUANSHI >>57328365
• Anon receives 1c emoji stickers >>57328425
and a USB voltage tester >>57328433
• People's Liberation Army themed Ruizus spotted >>57328463
• Comfy Tech Reviews shill his antique chink shit video one last time. >>57328722
• Anon asks /csg/ about DW watches, tries to inspect product photos in photoshop to avoid social interaction by asking the seller >>57328928
• Ball mill anon needs clip connectors >>57329812
• Anon has issues with rock zircons and his splitter wire but fixes it quickly >>57330850
• Another anon with a chinky 3D model, this time Star Wars themed >>57330952
• Anon asks about the Teclast X98 Plus II, gets some decent experiences from anons >>57331809
• Anon asks for spoonfed link to some good chink teas; /csg/ provides >>57332781
• Anon wants to wear Chinese spats as underwear >>57334374
• Z Reviews goes in-depth on some portable DACs/headphone amps including some stinky chinky ones
• Nice review of the Huion G10T drawing tablet from anon, seems to like it >>57334984
• Anon recommends a new watch meme, says it looks good >>57335201
• Everbuying RN3P sale has been extended, get in while you can for the premium /csg/ meme! >>57335648
• IF YOU SEE ILAEN.RU LINKS REPORT THEM! THEY'RE GEARBEST REFERRAL LINKS!
Previous thread >>57328313
NO UPGRADES FOR YOU ;)
Would it be possible to modify a clickpad so that the lower portion is not sensitive to touch, like by shaping and gluing down a piece of plastic over it?
It's getting difficult to purchase laptops with dedicated mouse buttons and I find my cursor really tends to jump around on clickpads when I rest my thumb on the button zone.
it might be possible to create a deadzone at the bottom
i personally would never buy a laptop without nice, physical rubber buttons
woke up, turned on laptop and the resolution on my browser is absolutely fucked, everything looks fucking huge I've already tried everything I could find, spent all morning with this shit and nothing fixes it pls help what do I don't have time for this shit
>he uses single click to open items in his file manager
what does it say?
Nice copy paste hello world
formated that for you++++++++++
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
Which free internet security software is actually not a meme?
>he buys expensive hardware and all he uses it for is to compile his Gentoo packages so he can get less than %1 more performance out of them
So I found an LG G5 lying on the side of the road, I took it and wiped it, but now it won't let me use it because I need the original google account from the person who lost it. If anyone knows how I could bypass the lock somehow, I would greatly appreciate it.
Now that IOS has gone to SHIT
where does ONE go?