Do you think this is worth it considering I would just use it to do light reading, music and watch youtube/netflix videos? I know it's not going to be built particularly well/be great in anyway, just want to know if its absolute shit for someone who doesn't care much about having the best tablet possible.
Doesn't it just use Amazon app store which has a lot of the big android apps?
Well maybe YOU do.
Of course it helps but I'm never going to treat any tablet as anything other than a toy, so I'd rather get the cheapest one I can that works reasonably well. I'm not expecting amazing visuals from it.
That would be because we're different people and we have different needs preferences anon.
99% of the time I use it it will look like pic related. The other 1% is if I'm too lazy to walk the 4 feet from my bed to my computer to watch something, which rarely happens. There's no reason to buy a $200+ tablet for that.
You can get far better prices if you can man up and buy used. I pretty much exclusively buy everything used these days on eBay. I've got a gpad 8.3 for $50 and a tab pro 8.4 for $110. No, this $50 price point of these 1024x600 tablets do not impress me at all.
I bought one literally just for textbook PDFs and I think it was well worth it. Screen is more than good enough and so is the battery life and so on. I'd imagine the videos would be fine too, although from what I understand the Amazon apps wont read media from the SD card but I don't use their shit anyway.