ITT we try to clarify the rules of this board.
Mods and hiro please post if you are reading this.
Are alternate history threads allowed? (ie. not fanfiction shit, but what would happen if major event occurred differently etc)
Is there a cutoff for discussion? 1999? Can we talk about 9/11? Can we talk about the Arab Spring?
Are psychology and sociology threads allowed or just philosophy?
Any special features this board should have? Suggestions?
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc. Please use /lit/ for discussions of literature.
Why split up ancient languages and literature?
Hm, a blurry line indeed. A shame, since apart from the usual "JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL MEMES" shitposting discussions on topics such as 9/11 would certainly be win if conducted in a civilized manner.
1. Cutoff is 5 years from the current date. Discussing things happening today that were put into motion by the original topic is allowed.
2. 3 holocaust thread are allowed at one time. One anti-revisionist, one pro revisionist, and a thread for the two sides to debate in.
3. 10 World War II threads allowed in the catalog. The holocaust threads do not count towards the 10.
4. Refrain from sourcefagging. If someone is using a source that isn't valid, point it out and move on.
5. No references to anything supernatural
>are alternate history threads allowed?
>is there a cutoff for discussion?
>are psychology and sociology or just philosophy?
any special features?
get rid of flags
IDs, like on /pol/
>flags turn threads into shitposting of "poo in loo", "get a life bin that knife" and ">be American >get shot"
Probably, but then you just make that shit bannable
Simple as that
I like the flags for the reason of seeing how opinions and views of historical events look based on what country the poster comes from
I would honestly prefer a cutoff somewhere around 1900. Modern history is done to death, and if we allow 1900+ stuff then this board will devolve into "hurr durr WW1/2" shit.
Yes, but so are about 2 millenia worth of history. Everybody just focuses on things that happened in the past 100 years, it's boring. /pol/ already does that. I thought a /his/tory board was supposed to give us an outlet to actually discuss ancient history.