What lead to Greek mythology being the most influential and having such a long standing interest? Of course other mythologies such as Norse have had a recent revival, but none have yet to captivate the interests such as the greek ones. Also Poseidon best god
It's probably because:
1. The importance of Greece (and Rome, who highly prized Greek philosophy etc) in Western civilisation, and
2. There's far more written evidence about Greek mythology than other European pantheons
Germanic civilization is the basis of the West. That doesn't mean they are superior though.
Those arn't the 'Ancient Greeks' though and Greece never experienced a massive wave of settlers like the Western empire.
No they didn't. The Germans already had a system of democracy called the Thing. Basic hunter-gather societies do too.
I never claimed that, though they certainly did not try to imitate the Athenian system either. Democracies developed independently based on local challenges.
The claim was that the Greeks invented democracy, which is a nonsense statement.
Especially the 2nd one. And when you compare it to the rest of th Heathens?
1. Snorre wrote down only some broad strokes because it wasn't exterminated by the time he could write it down. Also super mellowed down and some extreme Christianization
2. Much of the Ulster cycle was written down, but there was purges before it was written down
3. Most of Slavland got purged too early
4. Pre-Russia didn't get to write down too much.
5. The conquistadors didn't prioritize writing everything down, so only a little got written down for something that was being purged as it was written down. It got mellowed down to some degree
6. Anything close to Rome got purged too fast to be written about
7. Islam did a fucking god job of suppressing other religions
8. India being home to shitloads of religions is ignored, and there is a love to presenting it as 1 religion for convenience
9 There was no real interest in writing down a lot of hunter gatherer/nomad tradition, like sami or Inuit
And all of this, is compared to the most well documented religion, which writing got left alone because it left extensive written records.