Post your glitched album cover creations:
(I only know how to do this on a Windows computer)
1. Find image on computer
2. Go to Paint and "Save as" the image into a .BMP extension
3. Open Wordpad
4. Load the .BMP image (this is gonna take a while, the program might appear not responding, just give it a minute)
5. Save the image in Wordpad
6. Your image is likely too big for 4chan's size restriction so once again, "save as" your image as a .JPG
7. Post in this thread.
The results are totally random. Wordpad will try to re-format your image but some of the characters will be slightly lost in the format causing the glitch
Yeah, its kinda cool when they don't get too distorted. The subtle glitches are nicer.
4chan is telling me the file is corrupted or unsopported, ummm, when you save it, do you save it as a .txt and then change the extension to jpg or save it as a jpg from the notepad?
Lots of different ways to do it.
1. Open (insert photo editor here) such as Photoshop, Gimp, etc..
2. Open picture you want to edit, export as .bmp file.
3. Open picture in TextEdit.
4. Scroll down about halfway, then go crazy deleting random portions, inserting your own, or copying and pasting.
5. Post results.
3. Open Audacity.
4. Go to import>raw data.
5. Select photo, then change the 8 bit/16 bit drop down thing to U-Law or A-Law
6. Highlight the piece from a few seconds in onwards (dont wanna fuck the header)
7. Go to Effects>Echo
8. Pick ok, then export the photo
9. Make sure when exporting you go to options and change it to U-Law or A-Law, whichever you used initially
10. Have fun! :^)
Nah, there should never be a .txt
It should go from .JPG -> go to Paint save as .BMP -> open up in Wordpad as .BMP -> save in Wordpad as .BMP (don't change the extension here) -> open up the glitched image in paint, save as .JPG
Yo, seriously, this is the best i could do without it going corrupt to the point that it didn't want to open anymore. Also, it won't let me upload it. I literally took a screenshot of the img I made to upload here. Like, what the fuck can't Apple do any fucking thing right jesus christ
change the file format back to a .jpg after you're done. Also, try to minimize how much you delete and mostly just insert or copy and paste stuff that's already present. And the first 1/5th of the text file has the header, which you don't want to fuck with at all.
This one's a little better, but like still pretty boring
this shit's fun
The kid's face is freaking me out
I think I meant this one
S TA DIUM
You open it as text in wordpad. You right click on the BMP and open with... wordpad. It'll be text. Then just click save, leave wordpad, and the BMP will be glitched.
I think you might just be opening it as a picture in wordpad.
This is what's left of Saturday Night Wrist. Should I use a smaller image?
run it through audacity and record my voice over it
Ugh. I got one corruption that was recognizable as the original album but when I saved it as a .jpg it changed the dimensions of the image. WTF?
1. Pick an image that is jpg (any image)
2. Duplicate the image (so you save the original just in case this doesn't work for you the first time)
3. Open the Duplicate in TextEdit
4. Go 3/4th down and erase/copy paste shit
5. CMD + S (Don't use the "Save" from the menu)
6. Open jpg
took me about 10 tries, but i got it
I can't really get anything good with it either. This is the best I got.
This shit only makes my images pink. At least I got some translation this time.
These are all sick, but it looks like you did something different
the greatest or most influential rock band of all time
I really don't know what I expected....