I practically perfected the first third of my beach boys comp. All the Beach/Surf Pop and Rock instrumentals are sequenced very well, but I'm having a hard time combining the rest of their early material. I still need to organize the Hot rod/love songs/break up songs/orchestrated pop and Today! tracks, though i have a few ideas
so have most of the Beach boys "fans" here
But tbh they went downhill soon after with slight glimmers of greatness.
the "TOP" albums praised here seem to be Pet Sounds, The Smile Sessions and Surf's Up with occasional mention of smiley smile in a contrarian way
The concept so far, the track segue into one another pretty well a majority of the time too, that was my number one consideration when incorporating the instrumental tracks
1. 1234 count off best utilized to start things off? where else would it fit?
2. Surf Rock cover, obvious continuation for a "surf jam"
3. LETS GO TRIPPING continues the dick dale trend, simultaneously concludes "Surf Jam" and starts the "Trip"/"Safari"
4. LETS GO SURFING NOW
EVERYBODY'S LEARNIN HOW (sets up 3rd section "Learnin How")
>From Hawaii to shores of Peru (basis of this section)
5. HAWAII, HAWAII, STRAIGHT TO HAWAII
6. DRIVING DOWN THE COASTLINE > Califronia > Chicago > New York > Detroit > Miami > Philly > Alabama
7. Brian's Highlight (oldest brother first)
8. "Trip" concept returns
WE'LL ALL BE PLANNING THAT ROUTE
WE'RE GONNA TAKE REAL SOON
More american places, few international locations
9. Dennis' Highlight (Middle Brother second)
10. End of the "Trip" (ON TOP OF THE WORLD) an beginning of "Learnin How"
Don't be afraid to try the greatest sport around
Everybody tries it once
Those who don't just have to put it down
11. stoked on surfing? obviously, but it fits tightly here
12. Trial and error, the initiation process
13. Carl's Highlight (Youngest brother last)
nicest way to make the "chance" work out
14. HE'S SOMETHIN' YOU AND I WOULD LIKE TO BE after getting a grasp on surfing, this presents a new goal
15. Surfing rocks now, sounds similiar to the bridge in noble surfer
16. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT, SURFERS RULE!
17. A really great overview of Surfing and i think its a perfect end to their most explicit surf rock and pop, since it ends with doing it all again tomorrow
I still need to incorporate plenty of stuff, but my ideas so far include
Shut Down Part 2 > 409 > Shut Down > summer time blues > Bugged at my old man > In My Room >>> Don't Worry Baby
Girls on the Beach > Surfer Girl > Summer Means New Love > California Girls
Dance Dance Dance>Do You Wanna Dance>Please Let Me Wonder>Then I Kissed Her>We'll Run Away
Fun, Fun, Fun > Car Crazy Cutie > Let Him Run Wild
and I'm pretty set on ending it with
And Your Dreams Come True > A Young Man Is Gone > Hushabye
I essentially discovered summer days (and summer nights!!) Album and hot Damn this is a great album I love all the songs but that girl don't tell me - summer means new love stretch is fucking impressive. I'm seriously impressed. I need to hear today! as soon as possible