Am I the only person here who has nothing to do with STEM in real life? I just like to discuss science and tinker. I dont actually like the professional STEM environment, you have to be so qualified and work so hard for such little pay and recognition and your peers are all insufferable autists.
Why can't you people reliably capitalize your proper nouns.
There is no "i". If you disagree, then I'd follow by saying that there shouldn't be. It looks stupid and it's lazy. One or two here and there is tolerable, but this shit is becoming more common.
>Don't touch me you filthy casual
Seriously you autist, this is 4chan. If laypeople would like to come here and talk about science then they have every right to be here. I'm certain that some of them actually end up learning. More scientific and mathematical literacy is good for society, even if it comes at the cost of shitposting.
>Why can't you people reliably capitalize your proper nouns.
What do you mean by "you people?"
Ironically most of the stuff I post on here tends to banal newtonian mechanics or thermodynamics for some /diy/ project I'm working on and it never gets replies because it isn't pop-sci. This is exactly what I'm talking about, you all think you're so smart that you refuse to talk about subjects that are actually within your knowledge level. Simple harmonic motion? "lol high school babby-tier gtfo" then you proceed to spout utter bullshit in a thread about relativity.
autism. the lonely faggots think theyres some reason that theyre so isolated, they must be special, or there must be some reason that they dont connect with people. which is why they greatly inflate their imagined talents and intelligence
>discuss science and tinker
to be honest I bet this is exactly what the people starting all those "I watched a youtube video while I was high and now I can disprove einstein/feynman" think they are doing
and also, since I've already started making assumptions: I bet you are the type of guy who, after watching a popsci documentary on some subject acutally thinks he knows as much as someone who read a textbook on it
> I dont actually like the professional STEM environment, you have to be so qualified and work so hard for such little pay and recognition and your peers are all insufferable autists.
I also think you don't know anything about "professional STEM environment" since you really sound like a stoner neet
>If you don't have a college degree you're a pop-sci faggot
Au contraire friend, the people spouting pop-sci are the ones who passed first year college so think they are a genius and can speculate on relativity even though all they learned so far was Lagrangian mechanics. There's a name for it where you reach a point of knowledge that you think you know everything whereas below that you feel you know nothing and above that you also feel you know nothing.
Honestly, I think STEM majors are kinda dicks. They act like they know fucking everything when the truth is they don't know dick. They spend 90% of their time relearning things that someone else has already discovered and the remaining 10% simply reinforcing what they already know.
By the time they graduate they have been taught not to question and have no idea how to function outside of an academic environment.
This board is filled with posed-intellectual pretending to be some lost or misunderstood genius. They don't know anything beyond high school science. Anytime some subject matter on science is posted the thread dies. But popsci or some bullshit like quantum consciousness or race is posted you can an automatic 200+ post thread. This board is nothing more than neckbeards storking their egos. Anyone worth a damn would help layperson increase their knowledge. This board is STEM equivalent of NAZIs.