[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good beat 'em up/RPG hybrids?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network issues. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Kazuma.jpg (199 KB, 790x1106) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kazuma.jpg
199 KB, 790x1106
Any good beat 'em up/RPG hybrids?

All I can think of is pic related.
>>
>>285460218
yakuza is not an rpg you goofball
>>
>>285460318
You get what I mean, though. With stats, items that have various effects, side quests, upgrades, etc.

Yakuza has all of that. I suppose it'd be better to say RPG elements?
>>
>>285460450
No, not really. It's more of a beat'em up with beat'em up elements.
>>
File: brawler.webm (3 MB, 960x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
River City Ransom
Dungeons and Dragons arcade games
Dragon's Dogma (sort of)
Dungeon Fighter Online (SOON)
Can't really think of any more modern ones besides Yakuza.
>>
>>285460916
I'm cool with older vidya, so long as it's not DOS(because I'm an idiot who can't into DOSbox)
>>
Yakuza series is my favorite of those, but you could give the Way of the Samurai series a try, preferably with 3 or earlier because past that it was almost cringeworthy how goofy it got.

And if you really want heavy on the RPG side of it, the Shin Megami Tensei: Raidou Kuzunoha games fit the bill well. They're like SMT games but all battling is with action game combat.
>>
senran kagura is ok for a button masher, but it's far from perfect.
>>
File: chihayaelf.jpg (181 KB, 1100x1000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
chihayaelf.jpg
181 KB, 1100x1000
X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance games
Guardian Heroes
The Bouncer (PS2, short but good)
The Tales Of series
Dragon's Crown
>>
>>285460318
yeah, it is
>>
>>285461320
Despite owning all of the WoTS games, I've never completed them. Wish it was less obtuse.

>>285461734
Dragon Crown was fun as fuck.
>>
Darksiders 1+2, I guess.
2 really ramps up the RPGness, but the fighting is still fun.
>>
Raidou is similar to Yakuza but way shittier also
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Thread DB ID: 43470

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at wtabusse@gmail.com with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.