ITT: Stupid shit you did as a kid Pic related. The only CIB game i ever got from my parents was Conker's bad fur day (they tough that the game was for kids), it was a birthday present, the first thing i did was rip the box open and i threw the fucking box and manuals to the trash can, now it just hurts, because now im the kind of guy that collects that shit. Any stories you can share with this fellow anon ?
I threw away all my boxes like 10 minutes after getting games as a kid too. But I kept the manuals at least. As I got older I started saving my GB Color and GBA boxes when i bought new games, but at some point when i had lost interest in gaming i threw the boxes away like an idiot. I also took a knife and SCRATCHED my name into almost every console and controller i had back then, and when i got mad at my NES games i would BITE the controller as hard as i could like an autistic tardbabby, so all my original controllers and systems look like they've been thru hell and back.... Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>>2861096 it's a terrible way to go through life being afraid of what you'll throw away. that's the road to hoarding.
a few years ago I just gave away my copy of conker to a coworker. you know why? because it's a shitty game. after using cheat codes to see all the levels, I never played it again because it was unplayably difficult.
if I still had it, I'd absolutely sell it. it's worthless to me as a game.
>tfw too poor to buy games CIB I mean, I'm definitely in it for playing the games more than collecting them, but games look so much nicer in the box... Anyway, my collection is kind of pathetic so I won't bother posting it. Really hope this thread takes off though - the N64 gets the nogaems treatment but I think its library had a lot of gems.
>>2860839 Yes. Funny how I still get the same amount of enjoyment from NES games that i played back in the day, but i find the same GB games that i used to love to be practically unplayable these days. But i think it's LARGELY because i'm playing them on my computer screen now. gb games really should be played on a small screen.
Having owned and loved a colecovision [favorite games were Nova Blast and Pepper 2] I am super stoked about Chameleon, not only for the collections and new games, but weirdly enough-- it's going to have cartridges.
>>2860687 How the hell is it more useful than the spread gun, which can demolish all the enemies on half the screen? Hell, the flame gun is more useless than the flamethrowers in Alien. The "F" might as well just stand for "Fuck You", because thats what I scream every time I accidentally pick it up.
Is there a legitimate reason for the large distaste of emulation on consoles? Just the disappointment or irritation I hear in somebody's voice when they say "it's emulated instead of ported", even if it's indistinguishable from the legitimate thing.
The RNG in this game is pretty awkward. Mutants will always get stuck with shit abilities regardless of how far you are into the game. You'll have to rely on weapons and spell books instead. Since mutants are afforded few equipment slots, I would recommend using just one piece of (chest) armor, then reserve the remaining slots for any weapons and spell books you want to use.
Some other general tips for your playthrough:
- Instant-death skills (DEATH and STONE books) are very effective, even against bosses. By "effective" I mean exploitable. Humans normally don't gain any Mana points, so they tend to suck with magic. They can nonetheless use status spells like STONE and DEATH just as effectively as mutants can.
- The (chain)Saw that you can buy from World 4 can kill the strongest enemies and bosses in the game, including the final boss.
- Characters recruited from later worlds have higher stats than the characters recruited from the starting town. If your party is relatively weak by the time you reach a certain world, you may as well kill some characters off and recruit newer, more powerful ones. May save you some time with grinding, especially if you're using humans.
- Monsters are very easy to manage due to gaining all their ability uses back with inn stays, and they're also very exploitable if you stumble across the right sequence of meat drops. There's nothing stopping you from evolving your monsters to the highest tiers before you even leave the first world.
- The Dragon armor you can purchase from World 3 provides multiple elemental resistances. It's useful for the rest of the game. Similarly,
- If you choose a female mutant as your main character, she starts equipped with a Saber, which can be sold for a ridiculous amount of gold. You can then use the gold to buy yourself a Rapier and a full set of armor.
I assume you've played Skies of Arcadia. If you liked that (and you should!) you should check out Panzer Dragoon Saga. Even though it's by a different team it feels like a proto-Skies in a lot of ways (namely the flying around and the aerial combat).
I don't have one but no one's ever shown any material evidence that they are practically inferior in any way. I have a ever drive md clone and never had a problem with it. The nes one is supposed to be dodgy because of the mappers or something. I think it all started on the krikkz guy's forum and is understandable from people who laid out 100-200 dollars on the real thing
There are a bunch of negative Amazon reviews of the Super UFO 8 that have the "verified purchase" tag. That's obviously not the same as ones bought on AliExpress though.
Sometimes people have shown up here with stories of them failing for no apparent reason, while sometimes people say the ones they have are fine.
I think they all have a fairly low failure rate no matter where you get them. If you are one of the unlucky ones you just might be shit out of luck unless you can do a chargeback. The Everdrive guy does have a good reputation for repairs... Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
Hey guys, im looking for something fun to play with my not-really-a-gamer girlfriend.
Any ideas as to any retro games you think we may be able to enjoy together? All i really have in mind right now is Bomberman and Hello Kitty World (she's a pretty big fan of hello kitty and cats in general)
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.